Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Forward I Go


A friend forwarded a poem to me last week by Greg Ferguson from his blog. It speaks beautifully to the confidence in God who “is the strength of my heart and my portion forever” and the good shepherd who gives me everything I need.

Forward I Go
I can choose to dwell
Under the influence of the Heavenlies
Breathing trust
Drinking in simplicity
Living hope and passing hope along
Buoyant with light and life
or
I can remain earthbound
Doubled over
Heavy with the spirit of fear
Crumpled by its weight–
NO.
It is time for that to cease,
To stop cold.
Time for gravity to loosen its hold.
The healing of which I speak
Comes not by clenched effort
But a fluid shift in spirit.
It is a lift under the wings
That emerges from
The deliberate
Savoring of peace
And releasing myself
Into Your watchfulness
Your willingness
Your diligence.
David the king
Did not blink
When he faced down
The lion
The bear
And the philistine
The enemies who would dash him against the rocks.
He faced them down with a steady eye
And an elemental trust in the unseen Shepherd.
He saw You ahead of him
Buffering him amid the foes and threats-
Cushioning him
Honoring him
Provisioning him.
Why can I not
Slip into that same universe of faith?
Trusting with clear eyes and open hands
That you will surround and reinforce my shaky soul
As I take the deep breaths
And step forward into unusual worlds ahead
So
Forward I go
With this prayer running through my bloodstream:
Surely goodness and mercy
Will follow me
All the days of my life
And I will dwell
In the house
Of the Lord
Forever.



Source
Greg Ferguson is Co-Producer/Experience Designer for The Global Leadership Summit. Visit his blog, 10,000 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment